When it comes to hosting a children’s birthday party in your home, there are certain things you simply must have. To make your next party a smash hit, we’ve compiled this convenient checklist so that you can make sure that you hit all the major items.
- Birthday Cake — No party would be complete without a birthday cake and a round of the guests’ singing “Happy Birthday” to the guest of honor. Make sure to remember to get enough candles — one for each year — to put on top of the cake (as well as something to light them with). If you are buying the cake form a bakery or grocery store, make sure the bakers personalize the cake with the guest of honor’s name. You get bonus points for incorporating the party’s theme into the cake’s design.
- Party Games — Keep your guests entertained with some fun and exciting party games, such as pin the tail on the donkey and Bozo’s Buckets. Avoid games that are overly competitive and make sure every party guest wins at least one prize.
- Party Favors — Nobody should leave your party without a goody bag filled with party favors. Buy inexpensive gifts and trinkets at your local party store to fill your party favor bag with non-sugary treats their parents’ will approve of.
- Entertainers — Children love having clowns or magicians entertain at their birthday parties. Another option is to hire a petting zoo or have inflatable games to make the party truly memorable.
- Bounce House — No party would be complete without a bounce house. Not only will children find it fun and delightful, but it also will burn off much of their irrepressible energy. When you get a bounce house for your next children’s birthday party, you can be sure it will be an event that your birthday child will cherish for the rest of their life.
Children are only young once. Make sure your child’s next birthday is one both they and you will never forget!